Miami White Collar Crime Attorney
White collar crimes are serious offenses in the state of Florida. The state Attorney General zealously prosecutes these cases, while state and federal law enforcement agencies frequently collaborate on criminal fraud investigations. Armed with teams of powerful attorneys and vast financial resources, the government has an unfair advantage over defendants in white collar crimes cases. When you hire Valiente Law the government’s unfair advantage is gone. If you are facing fraud charges, you need a tough criminal defense attorney in your corner.
Valiente Law is a premier criminal defense practice serving clients in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and throughout the state of Florida. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources that are essential for successfully trying white collar crimes. When you are in legal jeopardy, Valiente Law will work tirelessly to protect your rights.
Call Us At 786-361-6887 For A FREE Consultation!
We Offer Financing Services!
What is white collar crime?
The term white collar crime refers to nonviolent, financially motivated crimes that involve deceit, concealment, a violation of trust, and other elements of fraud. At Valiente Law, we have extensive experience handling a wide variety of white collar crimes, including:
- Bank fraud — Using illegal means to obtain money from a bank/financial institution or pretending to be a bank in an attempt to obtain money
- Bankruptcy fraud — Concealing assets, providing false information to, or withholding information from, the bankruptcy court
- Credit card fraud — Fraudulently obtaining, using, selling, buying, or forging another’s credit card, debit card or credit information or knowingly buying goods or services with an unlawfully obtained credit or debit card
- Embezzlement — Violating a position of trust to misappropriate another party’s assets for personal gain
- Healthcare fraud — Submitting false or misleading information to a health insurer, Medicare, or Medicaid to illegally obtain payment for healthcare services
- Identity theft — Using another individual’s personal identifying information, such as name, Social Security number, or credit or debit card information without permission for personal gain
- Insurance Fraud — Intentionally deceiving an insurance company regarding an insurance application or claim
- Money laundering — Integrating funds gained from unlawful activities into legitimate resources such as financial transactions, real estate purchases and businesses
- Mortgage fraud — Using false information on mortgage documents to defraud a bank or mortgage lender
- Mail fraud/wire fraud — Mail fraud involves the use of the U.S. postal service to commit fraud, while wire fraud involves fraudulent activity conducted through wire-based communications, including the telephone, fax, television, text message, or the internet
White collar crimes are zealously prosecuted under applicable state laws, including the Florida RICO act, while federal prosecutors may also bring charges under the federal RICO statute. In addition, computer crimes, internet crimes and cyber crimes can be prosecuted under the federal PATRIOT Act. In any event, a conviction for a white collar crime carries severe penalties including imprisonment, fines, restitution and asset forfeiture.
Florida White Collar Crimes Attorney
At Valiente Law, we utilize state-of-the-art technology, including discovery, to manage white collar crimes cases, and will strategically build the best line of defense for you. Our legal team will look to discover errors in the prosecution’s case and determine whether any of your civil rights have been violated. If law enforcement utilized improper surveillance tactics or failed to obtain proper search warrants from the court, for example, we will file a motion to suppress the evidence.
In any event, prosecutors must be able to prove you intended to commit a white-collar crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Accordingly, the best line of defense is to show that you lacked the requisite intent to commit the offense. We may be able to show that you did not know, or were not capable of knowing, that you had committed a white collar crime, or that you were coerced into committing the offense (a common defense in forgery cases). Finally, if law enforcement agents induced you to commit fraud, we may be able to assert an entrapment defense — stating that you were persuaded to commit a white-collar crime that you would not have committed without law enforcement interference.
You can count on Valiente Law to provide you with aggressive legal representation. By putting your best interests first, we will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your case. While our objective is to win an acquittal, we may seek to have the charges reduced in exchange for a more lenient sentence. It is important to note, however, that defendants who enter into a plea agreement may be required to cooperate with state or federal authorities.
Regardless of whether you have been charged with a state or federal white collar crime, dealing with the criminal justice system can be intimidating. When you become our client, we will stand by you every step of the way, vigorously fighting to protect your freedom and your future.
Please contact our office today at 786-361-6887 for a free evaluation of your case. We have financing available!
Hello viewers, my name is Devin and I was one of Mr. Valiente’s client. Well where do I start… First off I want to thank god for bringing Mr. Valiente into my life and taking over my case. I’m here to say that I really wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for this attorney. The way Mr. Valiente handled my case was professional, excellent, and he defended me to the very end. I was facing a life sentenced for something I didn’t do and Mr. Valiente cared about the innocent and devoted his life and time to my case to get me off. Mr. Valiente never showed me that i was just another case as public defenders do because they have a workload of cases. Mr. Valiente had great communication and was very accessible. He answered my calls whenever I called him and kept me updated with everything that was going on with my case. Even after I won Mr. Valiente stayed in touch. Mr. Valiente did an excellent job during my trial establishing my alibi with electronic records and with hiring a computer expert to corroborate with my alibi. The ultimate outcome for my trial was a 10 minute not guilty verdict from the jury on a life felony on which I would’ve never seen daylight ever again. Everyday I appreciate my life and freedom and I can’t do nothing but thank the man above and also Mr. Valiente. One of the best lawyers and I highly recommend him!!
Miami White Collar Crimes Attorney