Miami Criminal Defense Law Firm
The city of Miami is not only a popular travel destination, it is the cultural and economic crossroads of South Florida. With a population of more than 6.1 million people from all walks of life, the Miami area is the 7th largest metropolis in the nation. Of course, Miami boasts miles of beautiful beaches to the delight of swimmers, sunbathers, and sports enthusiasts alike. Miami is also known for its professional football, basketball, hockey and baseball teams, art festivals, boat shows, an international airport, as well as the world’s busiest cruise port.
At the same time, Miami has one of the highest crimes in the country, and the highest in the state. For this reason, prosecutors take a tough stance on crime and vigorously pursue alleged offenders. If you are facing criminal charges in Miami, the best decision you can make to protect your freedom and your future is to consult an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Miami Criminal Defense Law Firm
Valiente, Carollo and McElligott PLLC provides innovative criminal defense strategies to clients in Miami, in Miami-Dade County and throughout South Florida. Founding attorney Antonio Valiente has a well-earned reputation for being a fierce advocate who fights tirelessly to balance the scales of justice. Having started his career as an attorney in the Miami-Dade Public Defenders Office, he saw how the state has an unfair advantage over the accused. Armed with endless resources and teams of high-powered investigators, the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s office works feverishly to preserve Miami’s standing as an international tourist hub. Our legal team has the knowledge, experience and resources to level the playing field and make sure your rights are protected.
With Valiente, Carollo and McElligott PLLC by your side, you can rest assured that we will make the criminal justice system work for you. Our legal team has a proven track record of achieving successful outcomes in the Miami-Dade Criminal Court system, whether defending clients against misdemeanors at the County Criminal Court or felonies in the Circuit Criminal Court. Knowing that the criminal justice system can be complicated and confusing, particularly for first time offenders, we will take the time to explain all of your rights and stand by you every step of the way.
Common Criminal Charges in Miami
Our criminal defense attorneys routinely handle a wide range of charges, including:
- DUI — A DUI conviction can result in significant fines, license suspension, and potential jail time.
- Drug crimes — We handle state and federal drug charges, including possession, distribution, trafficking, or manufacturing controlled substances and prescription fraud.
- Theft crimes — Our legal team defends clients against shoplifting, grand larceny, burglary, auto theft, and other theft crimes.
- Violent crimes — A conviction for a violent offense — assault, burglary, robbery, kidnapping, sexual assault, weapons offenses, manslaughter, murder –can result in a lenghty prison sentence, substantial, fines and mandatory rehabilitation or counseling.
- Domestic violence — Our legal team defends individuals accused of domestic violence and also arrange protective court orders for domestic violence victims.
- Juvenile crimes — If your child is facing drug charges, traffic violations, DUI and other alcohol-related offenses or any other juvenile offense, we can help.
- Sex Crimes — Given that sex crimes are take very seriously in Miami, and a conviction can lead to a lengthy imprisonment and mandatory registration as a sex offender, it is crucial to have powerful legal representation.
- Gun/Weapon-related crimes — Conviction for violations of gun possession, concealed carry, stand your ground and/or other gun laws can result in prison time, fines, and other penalties.
Innovative Criminal Defense Strategies
Regardless of the criminal charges you are facing in Miami, we presume that your are innocent and will work tirelessly to protect your rights, your future, and your reputation. From the arraignment — the initial court appearance as a defendant is formally charged and bail is determined — to pre-trial investigations, to required court filings and appearances, to trial, you can count on us to fight for an acquittal. We bring to bear working knowledge of the Florida Penal Code and extensive trial experience which will give you confidence that your case is in good hands.
Contact Our Miami Criminal Defense Law Firm
When you need a criminal defense attorney in Miami, it helps to work with a legal team that is familiar with the inner workings of the Miami-Dade courts. Through the years, our attorneys have developed strong working relationships with law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges who see us as formidable opponents and dedicated advocates. Regardless of the issue you are facing, we will take the time to understand your circumstances, explain all of your rights, and help you navigate the legal system. Please contact our office today for a free evaluation of your case.